The benefits of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide will cost you around $4.00 a gallon vs. the health dangers of Chlorine Bleach, for "only" $2.00 a gallon.
What Doctors don't tell you about peroxide, is that they use it exclusively, as a disinfectant, in the Hospital and at home. Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office? NO!!!
Why? Because, it smells and it is not healthy!
Chlorine Bleach was invented in the late 40's, during WWII, and it was used to kill our troops.
Peroxide was invented during WWI, in the 20's. It was used to save our troops, by cleansing their wounds and disinfecting the hospitals and equipment.
Consider these cleaning tips that are a safer alternative:
- Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
- After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it, to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
- Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and distilled water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect, without harming your septic system, like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
- Use 3% peroxide to clean glass and mirrors. There is no smearing.
- You can also add a cup of peroxide, instead of bleach, to a load of whites, in your laundry, to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
Consider these healthful tips
- Use the bottle cap, that is on the bottle. Once a day, put one capful in your mouth and swish it around for 10 minutes, then spit it out. ( do it when you bathe ) No more canker sores or gingivitis; and your teeth will be whiter and your breath will be fresher than with mouthwash.
- If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
- Soak your toothbrushes in a little peroxide to keep them germ free.
- If you have any foot fungus or excessive foot odor, spray a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and distilled water on your feet and toes, every night and let dry. It will kill the fungus and also any foot odor.
- Put 8 ounces of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
- Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. Gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, has been known to heal by soaking in peroxide.
- Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils, with your 50/50 mixture, whenever you have a cold or plugged-up sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold in, for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.
- And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through.
- Purchase food grade Hydrogen Peroxide, which can cure many horrible diseases.
You will not have the peroxide-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights, if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.
We could go on and on.
It is a little brown bottle, no home should be without!
With prices of most necessities rising, aren't you glad that there's a way to save money, in such a simple, healthy and environmentally friendly manner!